Can not edit Help Center Layout?

Erin Blomert July 20, 2021

Hi all,

I found this in the documentation: 

https://support.atlassian.com/jia-service-management-cloud/docs/edit-the-home-page-layout-in-your-help-center/

That implies you can edit the layout of your help center homepage.

However when I try to follow these steps, "Edit the layout" is not present on the customize sidebar.   I am a org admin so I do not believe it is a permission issue.  Can anyone shed some light?

What I would like to do is move the option to Raise a Request to the top of the page and have the Confluence articles below.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

The link you provide did not work (404). Is this by chance what you are referencing- edit-the-home-page-layout-in-your-help-center 

Yes, that is exactly it.  Not sure why my link did not work.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

So I tried following the directions as well but, like you, they did not work. My theory is that this is something that is rolling out and is not yet available on our instances possibly. To confirm that theory I checked my weekly email that I receive and I do see something about improvements to the JSM configuration it also points me to the following page which does have a bit on this very configuration item - what-can-i-customize-about-the-help-center 

Yes, I also found that page and it does list "layout" there as well.

I think maybe you are right about it being a new feature as the help page was edited only yesterday... I hope that means it is coming soon.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2021

Clip from the weekly updates email…

88999A64-75AB-4D37-823F-21151EDA1FF5.jpeg

Odd, it still says nothing about layout.  I will keep my eyes on the update space in the future.  Thanks Jack!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events