Can customized fields within a form be tied to automation rules??

n0216209 May 12, 2023

Hi Community!!

So I have a Form that I  made into a request type so internal customers can submit requests.  When trying to tie conditions to the newly created form, the fields don't show up. 

Example:  "Country" shows up as its already part of the field bank and is not germane to just my custom form but when i try to tie a condition to "subject type" which only exists in the Form I created, it doesnt show within the list so unable to create a condition / proper notification logic.  It seems a bit silly that we'd have the ability to create custom forms but do not have the ability to create targeted automation rules based on what a customer selected. Am I missing something?? Thanks!!

1 answer

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Currently that is only possible if you link the form field to a Jira field. Atlassian is about to release an API for forms, currently on track for Q2 2023 so pretty soon. It wouldn't allow you to tie the automation to a specific form field, but you could check the field based on an action on the request the form is attached to.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events