Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can customers edit their customer satisfaction rating?

Gabe Freeman June 7, 2018

A customer told me they accidentally rated support 1 star instead of 5 stars. Can they change this?

3 answers

3 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2018

Hi Gabe,

The customer can return to the email notification he original got asking to leave feedback, and then click the star rating again.  This will take them back to your Cloud site to provide another rating and possibly leave a comment if they like.

If they click the same link, and leave a new survey, this overwrites their previous survey results.   So there is a way for the customer to change their survey results here.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Gabe Freeman June 8, 2018

Thanks Andy. Glad there is some option for them.

Detlef Steinhäuser [Communardo] August 8, 2019

Hi Andy,

one of our customers wishes that it is no longer possible to change the satisfaction rating. The link to the rating should become invalid after a certain time. Otherwise it is possible to change the rating weeks later. This is not desired.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2019

Hi @Detlef Steinhäuser [Communardo] 

This is not currently a feature in Service Desk for either Cloud or Server.  However there are existing feature requests for each platform to expire a token that could then prevent these surveys being changed after some period of time:

I would recommend that you watch and vote on those issues for your platform as this can help our development team prioritize new features.

Cheers,

Andy

0 votes
Ricardo Caeiro June 7, 2018

Hi Gabe,

I apologize, I missed the fact that you are hosting Service Desk on Cloud.

Then I am afraid that you cannot do it.

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Customers mess this up all the time, especially because clicking on the star in an email doesn't even ask you to confirm your selection. The fact there isn't a way to edit it seems like a dumb mistake on the part of JSD's developers. Do you mind submitting a feature request for this on my behalf?

Thanks in advance.

: Gabe

0 votes
Ricardo Caeiro June 7, 2018

Hi Gabe,

There is no way you or the customer can edit this from the GUI. 

The only way you can do it is by making the change in the database. Please refer to this article on how to do that: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Is-it-possible-to-edit-satisfaction-survey-results/qaq-p/656025

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Since we are using Jira Service Desk Cloud, you are hosting the database. How would I even do that?

: Gabe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events