Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can customers be added automatically?

Matt Harford February 12, 2021

We are syncing users from Azure AD to allow our employees to sign in and be able to open tickets. This works reasonably well, but some groups want to have their portal "private" which requires a login first, but as I read the documentation, it seems like this won't work unless they are also added as a customer to that project.

Is there a way to groups I've synced from Azure directly to customer lists? 

I'm looking at this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-management-evaluator-resources/jira-service-management-bulk-add-customers

Which seems to suggest that it is possible, I just don't know how...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Matt Harford , 

in this case you should be able to add a synchronized group from Azure AD to the project as customer, In Project Settings -> People click Add people and start typing the group name.

This will make a subset of your users customers of these projects, and you won't have to add every user manually.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Matt Harford February 12, 2021

Of course! Thank you so much, in retrospect this was really obvious. I had been looking at how to do from the "Customers" section.

Thank you!

-Matt 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events