Can agents create their own queues visible to only themselves?

Nielsen July 29, 2020

Can agents create their own queues visible to only themselves?

eg, i want to see all tickets assigned to me that are from our customer called google. the setup would be Assignee=nielsen, status = less than resolved (meaning, new, in progress, waiting for customer, etc), customer=google.

it means staff can create views that apply solely to them so that they can track their time better, but it does not need to be a general queue because you don't care about other agents' tickets with google. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2020

There is usually one out of the box called 'Assigned to me'

It uses the jql of assignee = currentUser(), you can modify this or create a new one that is similar.

The queues are visible for everyone, you cant hide them. You can 'Star' them I believe so they appear in your favourites, or you could set up your own issue filter that you can use. But the standard functionality is that for every queue you create in the servicedesk, all the agents will see them.

Phil

Nielsen July 29, 2020

Thanks for that Phil!

And only admins can create/edit queues right?

So, agents can't create private queues? Queues that they have created and that are only visible to them?

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2020

Yes you are at the mercy of the admin to create the queues for you. 

Agents dont have the ability to create/amend queues unless they are given administration rights.

They can create their own issue filters though that they can make private. They could embed these into a dashboard and use this as a 'queue'

Phil

Phil

Nielsen July 29, 2020

You are awesome! thanks again for that :)

one more thing, can you please help me out on how to do that:

They can create their own issue filters though that they can make private. They could embed these into a dashboard and use this as a 'queue'

Thanks heaps :)

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2020

No Problem,

Yes if you go to the 'Filters; option at the top of your screen, and choose 'advanced issue search'

Put in the details of your filter (either in JQL or Basic mode)

Once your results are correct you can 'SAVE AS' and give your filter a name.

You then just need to create a new dashboard and use the 'Filter Results' gadget. You then just need to select the name of your saved filter and what columns you wish to display.

Phil

Like Nielsen likes this
Nielsen July 29, 2020

Loving this community! thanks heaps Phil!! :)

I actually posted another question, if you're still open to helping me out.

Can we differentiate request visibility between managers and staff in the same organisation?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Can-we-differentiate-request-visibility-between-managers-and/qaq-p/1444125#M56871

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events