Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we differentiate request visibility between managers and staff in the same organisation?

Nielsen July 29, 2020

Can we differentiate request visibility between managers and staff in the same organisation? 

Example, Joe and Mary both work for Customer ABC. Joe is a manager, so i want him to be able to view his own requests, along with requests created by anyone else from Customer ABC. Mary is a standard employee, so i want her to be able to see only her own requests.

1 answer

0 votes
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2020

You do need to setup issue security scheme. Go to the project settings -> permissions and set the Browse Projects permission to reporter and assignee then users will be able to see only issues to which they are assigned or they created.

If there are other users, who must see all issues, then you also add the group of such users to the browse projects permission.

Example, Joe and Mary both work for Customer ABC. Joe is a manager, so i want him to be able to view his own requests, along with requests created by anyone else from Customer ABC. Mary is a standard employee, so i want her to be able to see only her own requests.

So add Joe into a specific group that can browse issues in a project.

Make sure Mary isn't in a group that can browse issues in the project.

Make sure the assignee and/or reporter can browse issue in the project. 

Phil

Nielsen July 29, 2020

you are my fave person right now Phil! thank you for being so helpful!! :)

Like SD testing likes this
Nielsen August 3, 2020

Hi Phil,

I am trying this out right now. However, when I try to create groups, customer accounts do not appear on the list of people that I can add. Does this mean, I need to invite the customer 'manager' into my jira service desk account so I can modify their browse issues permissions? This would mean that I need to give them jira license as well?

did i get this right?

TIA!

Nielsen August 10, 2020

Hi Phil,

I am trying this out right now. However, when I try to create groups, customer accounts do not appear on the list of people that I can add. Does this mean, I need to invite the customer 'manager' into my jira service desk account so I can modify their browse issues permissions? This would mean that I need to give them jira license as well?

did i get this right?

TIA

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

Hello Nielsen,

It seems i didnt understand you original question. I thought you were talking about Jira users having access to browse issues in projects.

Are you talking about Servicedesk Customers? 

So the only thing you can do is get the manager to change the flag from 'Share' to 'Private' when logging a ticket.

That way everything Private will only be seen by Joe and everything shared will be seen by Joe and Mary.

Phil

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events