Can a project admin view details of field configurations?

Kyle December 1, 2021

I am a project administrator and do not have global administration priveleges.

I would like to be able to see how custom fields in my projects are configured. Is there a way to do this? 

Would like to see configuration of all types of fields- insight CFs, user pickers, date pickers, etc...

I think I know the answer but I am hoping for a miracle :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2021

Hello @Kyle ! 

Just as project administrator you can see the create /edit/view screen by looking in the configuration of you project. If your screen is use only by your project you can even add or remove specifics fields from this screens. 

There’s no way to see as a project admin the inner configuration of a field but if you kindly ask to an administrator and he got some time to allow on the request he can provide a list of the fields with type that already exist on the instance. Obviously it’ll be very basic but it’s a starting point. 

You can also try to ask for a tour with the administrator if you got specific question about some field. 

Since these action are pretty time consuming and not every administrators will agree on them I recommend you to try some candy or chocolate in addition for motivation purpose :) !

hope this can help ! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events