Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a jira ticket be raised for some selected emails from a particular user?

amitav April 17, 2020

A client can send different mails along with the issues to the mail server.But i need to raise ticket in the JIRA for those particular issues only.

Here in my case the tickets are raised in jira for every emails send by that particular user.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

Hi @amitav 

The best approach will be to use the mail server only for sending genuine emails to be created as requests. You don't want it to be exposed to receive unwanted emails.

Still if you want the mail server to be used as such, you will have to identify a condition to separate the wanted and unwanted ones. You can use Project automation to delete the unwanted ones once created.

For example, if the email subject (request summary) contains a particular text/word, it will be treated as unwanted and deleted.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 11.57.20 AM.png

amitav April 17, 2020

Hi @Gikku 

Thanks for you quick response.But for now i am not getting any mails from that particular client in the gmail account of the mail server.

I want to receive those mails in the mail account as well as it will create a ticket in JIRA . Is that possible?

Regards, 

Amitav

amitav April 20, 2020

This is a production issue and it's little bit urgent.Can i get any solution for my query?

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2020

Hi @amitav 

It's more of an Outlook configuration where an email received on a mail account can/not be forwarded to another mailbox using predefined rules, or manually by the user.

Here you can receive all the client emails in the needed mail account and you can create a rule within outlook to forward the emails (auto/manual) to be created as Jira ticket to the service desk email account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events