Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can You Set Auto-Reply Only For Certain Hours?

Hello,

Admittedly I have not really looked into the customer notifications area, but I was wondering if there was a way to set up an auto-reply that triggers only during certain hours? For example, if my support hours are 9 am - 5 pm, I would want to set an auto-reply for any tickets created outside of those hours that says something like, "Our support hours are 9-5; we will look at your ticket then". Is this possible to do automatically or would it be more of a manual case where we create a template and turn it on when we leave for the day then turn it off when we arrive in the morning? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

@Brandy Bednorz -

Welcome to the community.  I am not aware of anything out of the box to control the notification based on time slot.  However, there are a few ideas that you can consider -

1) Edit the message template against Request Created event via Customer Notifications setup for your project.  Where you can include the statement regarding your support hours information.

Here is the reference link on notification configuration for your customer/team - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-notifications-for-your-customers-and-team/

2) Use Automation for Jira to setup rule to send out custom email to your requester.  NOTE - I have not setup rule like this as of now, so I am sorry that not able to provide you with further details.  The high level basic steps will be as follow -

To create custom email triggers:

• From your service project, select Project settings > Automation.
  • Click on Create Rule 
  • Determine your triggering event (i.e Issue created etc.)
  • Determine your conditions
  • Add action - Send email notification

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thank you for your answer! I will look into these suggestions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

256 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you