Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Set Auto-Reply Only For Certain Hours?

Brandy Bednorz May 11, 2022

Hello,

Admittedly I have not really looked into the customer notifications area, but I was wondering if there was a way to set up an auto-reply that triggers only during certain hours? For example, if my support hours are 9 am - 5 pm, I would want to set an auto-reply for any tickets created outside of those hours that says something like, "Our support hours are 9-5; we will look at your ticket then". Is this possible to do automatically or would it be more of a manual case where we create a template and turn it on when we leave for the day then turn it off when we arrive in the morning? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

@Brandy Bednorz -

Welcome to the community.  I am not aware of anything out of the box to control the notification based on time slot.  However, there are a few ideas that you can consider -

1) Edit the message template against Request Created event via Customer Notifications setup for your project.  Where you can include the statement regarding your support hours information.

Here is the reference link on notification configuration for your customer/team - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-notifications-for-your-customers-and-team/

2) Use Automation for Jira to setup rule to send out custom email to your requester.  NOTE - I have not setup rule like this as of now, so I am sorry that not able to provide you with further details.  The high level basic steps will be as follow -

To create custom email triggers:

• From your service project, select Project settings > Automation.
  • Click on Create Rule 
  • Determine your triggering event (i.e Issue created etc.)
  • Determine your conditions
  • Add action - Send email notification

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Brandy Bednorz May 13, 2022

Thank you for your answer! I will look into these suggestions. 

0 votes
Duong Thi Ngoc Huyen April 11, 2024

hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

could you please advise me the condition for this case?

since I have tried to set up the rule like this, it hasn't worked as expected

auto reply will work even though ticket's created in/ out of our working hours 

our working hours: 9am to 2am 

jira.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS