Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I trigger an automation when a user 'votes' for an issue?

Cameron Fletcher
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

We are using a formula to calculate a User Impact Score in our Service Desk project. I understand that the vote count can be accessed in a smart value using {{issue.voters.size}} but is there a way to trigger the automation to be run when an issues vote count actually changes?

From my experimentation neither Issue Updated or Field Value Changed seem to trigger when a new vote occurs.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2020

Hi @camnospace and @cjwiggins 

I haven't been able to find that feature, although someone has suggested adding it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74498

How about a work-around?

• Add a custom Number field: Last Vote Count
  • Add an automation rule to...
  • Trigger on issue edit
  • Check condition of {{issue.voters.size}} does not equal the custom field, Last Vote Count
  • Then do your actions, and update the Last Vote Count

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
cjwiggins
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2020

I have the same problem - any suggestions here how to get this to work? I am using Automation for Jira (server version)

I would also be happy for any other solution to using Jira/Automation for Jira to get a set of people to approve something (i.e. a majority of a team approve a document) and have the workflow proceed automatically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events