Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set up an edited auto-reply email to customers?

Yifu Tong January 9, 2023

Can I set up an auto-reply email for customers' tickets and edit the contents of the auto-reply email? 

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi @Yifu Tong 

Do you mean when the user first creates a ticket (or similar)?

If so, you can modify these notifications! You'll need to be a Project Admin in the JSM Project, and then...

1. Go to Project Settings
  2. Select Customer Notifications from the left-hand menu
  3. Press the hyperlink Edit alongside the notification you wish to modify - for example, next to the Request Created notification

See more information on this help page: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/edit-the-content-of-your-customer-notifications/

Ste

Yifu Tong January 9, 2023

Problem solved, thanks mate!

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi @Yifu Tong ,

Welcome to the community !!

Yes, You can edit the auto replies. to do that, navigate to your JSM project settings --> Customer notification. Edit the the required notifications there.

Direct link: https://<baserURL>/jira/servicedesk/projects/<PROJECTKEY>/settings/customer-notifications 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2023

Hi @Yifu Tong 

Apart from what @Rilwan Ahmed suggested keep in mind that you might have internal customers as well (meaning users from your domain you have product access but are customers as well). In that case you have to make sure that they are included in your project only as customers and not have any other project role. If they do, apart from the customers notifications they might receive notifications from the notification scheme.

Gautam Singh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2023

Hi how to setup autoreply to sender mail

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events