Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I "@" someone in an internal comment on a task that is not already in the project?

Daniella_Johnson March 31, 2023

I'm wondering if I @ someone in an internal comment on a task, this is not in that project, will they be notified and then able to view that task? Or would they need to be added to the project to view the comment they were tagged in?

Ideally we wouldn't have to add them to the project, because we would only want them to see the task that they were tagged in, where they were asked a question. Is this possible?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Daniella_Johnson I'm reading into your question a little, so correct me if I'm wrong.  If they are not an Agent in JSM, but they are a Jira Software user, you can setup their access to have Browse and Comment privileges.  Then the @ functionality will work.  They won't count against your licenses because they're not agents.

I did that for my programmers, as they won't interact with customers, but they may be working on customer issues.  This way they can see the interactions going back and forth between agents and customers, and include a comment if they have one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events