Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make my Knowledge Base public without having users sign into Jira (similar to Intercom)

urirahimi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2021

Hi,

I'm looking to migrate from intercom to Atlassian for the Knowledge Base help pages for my beta application. I currently have a few dozen articles made inside my knowledge base (see screenshot). However, I am not able to figure out how to make these articles customer facing. There is a public URL but it REQUIRES the user to create an Atlassian account to be able to view our Knowledge Base. Is there any way around this? I have looked at the relevant settings options but I have not been able to figure this out.

On a similar note: can I make my help desk public in the same manner? Where bug reports and feature requests link to the Help Desk on Atlsassian for my business?

Thank you!Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.23.45 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

@urirahimi Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

You can make a space public that would allow anonymous users access.  The only issue you might be facing is this feature is not allowed on the Free plan.  

If you are on a paid plan then you can make it public and here are the instructions to do so.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/make-a-space-public/

urirahimi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2021

Hi Brant,

We are on a paid plan for Jira but I'm not sure that is giving us the permission necessary to create anonymous knowledge base access. Is there a specific upgrade that you recommend. I looked at your article, and I think I navigated to the appropriate place (see screenshot) notice that there is no row entry for anonymous. If I opt into the standard plan will this get me where I need to be? Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 12.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-01 at 12.30.21 PM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2021

Has your administrator enabled public links?  If this is enabled then you will not be able to do anonymous access.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/ge/public-links-979425312.html

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2021

@urirahimi Sorry I re-read your answer above.  Are you on a paid plan for Confluence?  You need to be on a paid plan for Confluence to set up anonymous (public) access.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events