Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make changes to the request form to all projects in one try?

Fahad Akhtar September 9, 2022

Hi,

I want to make changes to the portal field name and description for the request form that is customer facing. I already know how to make the change, but the changes only occur for the project the modifications were made on. How do I make the changes to the portal field names and descriptions for those portal fields so that all projects receive the same changes? All projects are associated with the same custom fields, screens, screen schemes, notification schemes, etc. 

Thanks,
Fahad

2 answers

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

The short answer is it cannot be done. You have to make the change in each project, since request types are project specific. There is a suggestion to add request type scheme, JSDCLOUD-4276, that you can vote on and follow.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Most likely this request will only solve his request type problem, but not the portal one.

Good answer though, and good suggestion!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

@Fahad Akhtar -

I agreed 100% with what @Mikael Sandberg has stated.  Request Type Form setup is project specific while other configurations (i.e. Fields, Screens, WF configuration schemes can be shared by multiple projects) where one can make a change to those shared configurations in one place and will be reflected to all the projects.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders