Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I export a Queue view

David Stuart May 11, 2018

Wondering if there is a way to export the content (results) of a queue so that I can analyse our open tickets.

Not able to find a tabular report that will accomplish this.

TIA

2 answers

2 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2018

sort of. edit the queue and go to the advanced view of filter. Copy it, paste it into the search for issues screen then export

David Stuart May 11, 2018

Perfect.  A couple of extra steps but gets me exactly what I need.

Thank you!

Like lisa.jackson likes this
Elizabeth Pavacic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2019

this is a great workaround!! Thanks so much!

Like # people like this
ktran September 19, 2019

I tried to follow the instruction but got lost. 

I clicked on edit, then click on "Switch to JQL" .  Is this what you mean by advance view of filter?  I don't see any other button to click on.

I copy the string then go to search for issue screen and paste the string.  It came back with can't find error.

Can you clarify the instruction?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019
  1. click on Queues
  2. select the queue you want
  3. click on ellipses and select edit queue
  4. select the JQL text in the "filter by" field and copy it
  5. exit out or simply click on the magnifying glass
  6. select advanced search
  7. if necessary click on switch to JQL
  8. paste in the copied text and hit return

if you are having an issue please post your JQL text string here.

Like # people like this
ktran September 19, 2019

Thanks Jack.  I found another post which provide more insights and was able to figure it out. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Exporting-from-JIRA-Help-Service-Desk-to-Excel/qaq-p/972445

While I was typing this, I saw your reply.  Below is how I end up have to do to get some sort of export for Jira Service Desk:

1. click on Queues
  2. select the queue you want
  3. click on ellipses and select edit queue.  I also click on Switch to JQL and found this:Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 12.08.55 PM.pngI have to exit out this queue and then go back to the queue to get the below stringScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 12.14.39 PM.png
  4. I copied the string then go to Issue Search to paste the string.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 12.16.57 PM.png5.  After I hit search, I got the list with what I want at the top of the search results.  I export the table and deleted what I don't need.

Jim October 1, 2019

This resolution is almost adequate.

Unfortunately our clients require us by contract to know which of their employees that reported the issues and the reporter field is mostly replaced by scrambled "qm:"-codes instead of names or e-mails (that for some reason also appears occasionally).

I suppose this might be an adaptation to GDPR os something.
But what is the "reporter"-field actually reporting? The clients self-submitted name or the scrambled "qm:"-placeholder if the reporter has not registered fully?

For us, the reporters e-mail would be preferable as a column as we can use it to sort issues by their e-mail domains.

Also, when we want to export complete reports over how many cases are submitted by client, the Organisation-field is reported by a numeral ID. Identifying the client organisations manually is not practical.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2018

You can get the Excel export directly from a queue using the Better Excel Plugin:

Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOAWs2IpnDg

(There are no extra steps involved.)

David Stuart May 14, 2018

That looks interesting.  I'll give it a try.

Thank you

Dean Holmes November 2, 2018

What about service desk cloud instance. I want to be able to export the qeuues

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2018

Dean, Better Excel Plugin is not available for the cloud yet, unfortunately, but this will change in the future.

Please vote to this feature request and add the details of your use case so that we can include that in our product planning.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events