Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting from JIRA Help Service Desk to Excel

Deb Warren January 3, 2019

I am trying to copy a list of JIRA issues from the Service Desk and paste these issues to an Excel file.

The data is pasted in one column instead of across the columns as they appear in the Service Desk.  I have tried pasting this to Google Sheets as well as directly into Excel.

Please advise.

I have also tried to grab data from the Service Desk using an Excel Query and Excel doesn't pick up the data from the JIRA table.

2 answers

1 vote
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 1.01.59 PM.png

Go to Issues -> Search Issues and on the upper right corner you'll see Export. See attached image.

Okay I see how that works and thanks!  But I am working with a particular queue and I am trying to export just the issues in that queue.  I can't seem to get the Search Function to work when I am in the queue.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019

You can use the same search criteria like in your queue and save that as filter. You can use that filter then every time you want to export that issues. 

It is not direct in the queue, but not much overhead, I think. 

Help so sorry, I am new to JIRA.

I tried to copy the query JQL,  but I cannot figure out how to save it as a filter.

Like Sindhu likes this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019

When you are in the issue navigator,  there should be a "Save as" link next to the Search header on the top of the page.

this is what my screen looks like.  I am in my queue. I cannot find the 'save as' link .....

I think this is hopeless! We use JIRA Service Desk Cloud.

screenshot JIRA.png

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 3.29.24 PM.png

checkout the image. There's the save as button....and also export button.

Yup it worked in terms of exporting every issue to a csv file, but it didn't limit the export to the queue I needed it to .... maybe there's something wrong with the queue.

Thanks for your patience!  I will keep trying to figure this out.

Hey Victor!

I got it!

Thanks so much for your patience.

Deb

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2019

you're welcome

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2019

Hi @Deb Warren,

Did you try to select the issues in the issue navigator and use the export option?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events