Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I display the "Reason for On-Hold" to the customer on the customer portal inside each ticket?

Karim Khoja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2024

I would like to display the "Reason for On-Hold" to the customer when they are viewing their ticket on the customer portal. So it should show up inside each ticket when the customer is viewing the ticket.

Also, I would like to show the "Assignee" name inside each of the tickets when the customer is viewing their tickets.

Are these possible please?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Elitsa Velikova March 12, 2024

Hi @Karim Khoja ,

If you are open to using addons, you can have a look at our app: Advanced Portal Reports.

It will allow you to show any Jira field on the Customer view in the portal (incl. Assignee, any custom field) and it also provides your customers (portal users) with a table report where they can see, search, filter and export all their Jira Service Management tickets, including many additional details (incl. SLAs, custom fields, etc.), with a very simple UI. If it sounds helpful you can try it free for 30 days.

Greetings,

Elitsa

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2024

Hi @Karim Khoja and welcome to the Community!

While you cannot show these fields on the customer portal, you can use comments to share information with your customer and automation to share the information automatically when you assign the issue to someone or put it on hold.

While I would personally not necessarily not share who is assigned to an issue (as long as a ticket gets resolved, it does not really matter to the customer who does it, usually), you could technically set up a rule like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 10.13.58.png

In a similar fashion, you can also share the reason why an issue was put on hold. Assuming the reason for on-hold is a custom field you fill out, you can refer to it using a smart value as well. Your comment could be something like this:

Dear user. We have put your request on hold for the following reason:

{{issue.Reason for On-Hold}}

Hope this helps!

Karim Khoja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2024

Hi Walter,

Thanks so much for your help with this. This was a great idea. I am trying it out right now and it works great. 

I appreciate your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events