Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I customize my JIRA Service Desk alert message?

Angie Fraser September 9, 2015

Hi,

I am pretty new to the service desk and would like to know if there is a way to customize the Automation alert message that an agent receives. The way I have it setup now will only send them a message that states something like this:  Angie Fraser mentioned you in HELP-1234 and its only if they open it that they can see this was sent to them because something critical was reported. Is there a way that if the Automation rule is called Urgent Issue Alert that the email notification can also state Urgent Issue Alert

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. 

Thanks,

Angie Fraser 

2 answers

3 votes
Angie Fraser September 10, 2015

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your response. Perhaps I didn't explain my question very well. I have already setup the automation rule. My issue is that I would like it if the alert message/notification that the users get can be customized to say something else besides they were mentioned in the ticket. They have no idea that the alert is because something critical was submitted. I want a way for the notification to highlight that this is for a critical issue in the subject line vs the agent having to open the ticket to confirm this. My suggestion is that the notification just include the name of the automation rule (ex: Urgent Issue Alert). Is that possible? With individuals getting so many JIRA emails I was really hoping to find a way to distinguish the important ones from the others.

Thanks!
angie

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2015

Hello Angie,
You can create an Automation rule that can notify a specific user when the text match something (As your user) or when the issue matches a specific issue type as the following screenshot:

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 5.40.24 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events