Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a dashboard of form responses?

Stephen Elkington November 6, 2023

We have a team that fill in a form on JSM while on a job, and this includes a load of yes/no style radio buttons, plus a few number boxes where they enter a numerical value.

I can't see a way to pick up on this using a filter, but I need to find a way to summarise the form results from a number of tickets over a time period. 

Does anyone know a good way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2023

@Stephen Elkington -

The best way to capture FORM's data into your JSM issues is to map your FORM's data elements back to the JSM project's issue fields.  This way, one can conduct JQL search of your JSM issues to be used in your dashboards.

By default, Form's data elements are only stored in the Form and not mapped to your JSM issues.

Here is the reference on how to map Form's data elements to actual JSM issue's fields in your Form's configuration - https://confluence.atlassian.com/proforma/linking-proforma-fields-to-jira-fields-1087521584.html

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Stephen Elkington November 8, 2023

Hi Joseph

Our forms dont seem to be made with ProForma. Another colleague set this up but I assume an inbuilt tool was used. They are also quite large, spanning 3 pages when exported as a PDF. They are a combination of numerical value, text box and radio buttons and don't correspond to fields in the project issue fields. I feel they will possibly be too long to link this way.

Is there a cleaner way to do this?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2023

@Stephen Elkington -

If it is not part of the FORMS configuration, then it seems to be a custom development done by your technical team.  You will need to work with your technical team to determine how to use REST APIs customization to update issue's fields with the values contained within the PDF file as needed.

Best, Joseph

Stephen Elkington November 8, 2023

Hi Joseph

That gives me what I need thanks. I've found this URL which I think is the beginning of something for me now

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10671

THank you!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2023

@Stephen Elkington -

Thanks for your update and glad my inputs helped you.  

Good luck with the REST APIs development.

Best, Joseph

Like Stephen Elkington likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events