Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cofigure for a service desk team can only view their tickets?

Carlos Ramirez October 26, 2020

I hava one service desk with 4 differents departments that are attending users.

I observ that a member of the team of the service desk team can view all the issues indepently of the deparmet.

So, I want that only each service desk team can have access to the tickets of their deparment.

I know that I have an other option, that is to create 4 service desk, one for each deparment.

I dont know if I can configure some options that can help me.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2020

Hi @Carlos Ramirez

Only way to do that would be through issue level security.

You can set up an automation that depending on a department field that the issue is automatically designated a specific security level.

Then on those levels you can define who can actually see the issue.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/ 

Going to 4 Servicedesks imho is only a need if also their request types and flows differ by department and even then... setting up multiple JSD projects is something that really needs to be though through and only done for the right reasons!

Carlos Ramirez October 28, 2020

Hi Dirk

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try to do it.

Its an excellent option an betther than create 4 service desk.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Great!

If you encounter problems let us know! (and feel free to accept my answer :))

Carlos Ramirez November 18, 2020

Hi Dirk

I had worked on it.

I finished a security group and added to the project. 

For example, I want that a person only can see the issues that come from office 1. Where can I do it some similar.

When I add in the option of "user/group/project Roles" in issue security level I can set a single person for this, but I cant set an specific organization.

Can you help me

Thank you very much

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Hi Carlos,

Where is this "office 1" defined? Is it a JIRA Customer Organisation?

Sadly I don't think there is a way to get that value from the user to use in the security levels.

A work around might be to add an automation and when a user creates an issue to set a custom field (which you then can use in the security level) to that dummy organisation field.

Carlos Ramirez November 19, 2020

Hi Dirk, thank you for answer me.

Yes, that's right. All my office's are upload in customer organisations!!! 

I have 58 office, 

I want to divide that only a person of the service desk attend an specific office and only can view their tickets, with no grants to view other office tickets. Its by confidentiality that I need it this way.

At this moment all the team of service desk can have access to all the issues.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

Yeah that will indeed be the way to go then. You will need to find a way to set the correct "office" on a ticket.

You can use the automation to do that but it does mean you need to be able to find someway to identify the users when they submit the issue (could be that they select it themselves at creation)

They could for example have an Office field on the Request Type (not the organisation field but it will contain the same values), 

You can then incorporate that custom field in your security level.

In essence its just:

• Custom field that is set on the request type or issue
  • That field contains the office value
  • incorporate the field in your security level

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS