Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I build templates to reply to customers within a ticket?

It would be helpful and more efficient to be able to insert a template when I'm working on a ticket and replying to a customer, as our replies are often the same or similar among different customers.

1 answer

3 votes

Hi Tiffany,

Welcome to the community! What you are asking about is often referred to as canned responses. Unfortunately this Is not built in to cloud. However I recall that there is an open suggestion and I believe that it is actively being worked on but not immediately sure. Regardless that doesn’t help you right now. To achieve this you’ve got a couple of options

• you could create some automation rules that are run manually and you can run those directly from within the issue
  • You could consider an addon application there are purpose built apps for this in the Marketplace 
  • You could consider leveraging an auto-text app. Some of these are actually free and some are paid. I happen to use two different ones one is a-text which is for Mac and the other is Phrase Express. These work by allowing you to create some shorthand aliases such as if you type #Phone it might feel in your contact number. These are extremely flexible and reasonably priced in my opinion. Additionally, some like Phrase Express allow you to share across your network so all of your agents can leverage the same phrases. The added benefit of these solutions is that you can use them for any app, emails, texts, etc.

As a matter of fact Canned Responses is indeed on the public roadmap for JSM Cloud , planned for Q4 and labelled as coming soon:

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 18.17.51.png

Like Tiffany Sophocleous likes this

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the roadmap info and other suggestions. I bookmarked the roadmap page and will look at those other options for other applications.

Like Marjorie likes this

hello @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ - I cant seem to find this feature on the public roadmap - could you please confirm this is still on roadmap? Maybe the title has been changed? Could you please check for me? My Search on the public roadmap yields no results? 

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 09.18.26.png

Jack Brickey Community Leader Nov 21, 2022

Hi @Stan Rusike ,

not sure why it isn't there but you might appreciate the following "in progress" issue - JSDCLOUD-631 Canned responses in JSM . There is a note in there posted Oct 22, 2022 about looking for input from interested users.

Like Stan Rusike likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events