Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I admininstratively clear all cookies?

We're looking at mitigating the recent security issue found with Atlassian products and a MITM attack.  Suggestion from CloudSek say to administratively limit the amount of time a cookie can last, but if I just wanted to administratively wipe all cookies, as a precaution, is there a way to do this from any of the Software Apps?  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Dec 14, 2022

@Matt Ray Welcome to the Atlassian community

There is nothing in the Atlassian applications that would allow you to force the clearing of browser cookies associated with the application after a specific period.  

Like # people like this

Yes, I read this earlier today.   We heard of the vulnerability on the 14th and did all our research based on CloudTek's article.  Because the article you sent wasn't released until yesterday, we didn't have it when we were digging for information on the 14th, but it is comforting to know it is not the issue we thought it was.    Thanks, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Like # people like this

It's always worth following up!  :-)

Like # people like this

Well, just because Atlassian says it's not as big of a problem as CloudTek says it is, doesn't mean that's completely true.   They seem to be trying to minimize the issue on the link you gave me above.  When in reality, if someone can get your session key, they can change your password and access your data.   That's why Atlassian is telling you to RESET your passwords, not change them.  The vulnerability is still there.  If I get your session key/cookie it's good for 30 days unless someone resets the password.   

True, but be aware that CloudTek are aggressively marketing their tools, and this "report" looks very much like a way to advertise without appearing to be blatantly selling.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events