Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add workflow transition condition based on customer request type?

Dean Robinson August 3, 2022

Hi,

I want to limit the Transition options shown in a workflow based on the content of the customer request type field. I thought this could be done using a workflow transition condition. I can see at the following link for JIRA Cloud that the conditions include "value field" type.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

However, we are using JIRA Server at the moment and it does not appear to have the "value field" option in the set of conditions. I have spent ages trying to find an equivalent page to the cloud one above for server, but cannot locate it.

So ...

1. Can I get JIRA Server (service management 5.1) to include the "value field" condition type?

2. Are there freeby add ons that might deliver this if not in the base product?

3. Or is there another way to configure my workflow so that the transitions offered to a user vary based on the customer request type?

Thanks for any guidance

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

Hi @Dean Robinson 

"value field" is a condition that is available on CLoud only without app, originally it come from JSU app that is a paid app on DC/Server.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5048/jsu-automation-suite-for-jira-workflows?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

Do you already have any scripting app ?

I do not have any free app that alllow you to do that in mind.

Regards 

Dean Robinson August 3, 2022

Thanks @Florian Bonniec  - thought that might be the situation.

We are looking to move to cloud. In the short term, I am actually thinking I will achieve what I want via a different Issue Type as I also want variation in screens/fields, so probably better delivered via a different Issue type and workflow rather than trying to use Customer Request Type to vary.

Appreciate confirmation that it is cloud and not server capability.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events