Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add interactive elements into public comments?

Brendan McQueen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2023

We are using a service desk to field access requests to particular databases for our product (this service desk is completely internal i.e., a consultant may require access to XYZ database to assist on a project).

Based on their needs, an expiry date is populated. 3 days before that date, an automated comment is added asking the consultant whether they need an extension to their access, or if it can be revoked. The consultant would then just reply and we would do whatever we need to do.

I was wondering if it were possible to add something like buttons or a select list to that automated comment, that allowed the requestor to choose either "extend" or "revoke", which I could then use to transition the issue status etc.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2023

@Brendan McQueen the only thing I could think of is using the approvals functionality.  They could approve or deny an extension.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-approvals/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events