Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I accept emails while restricting portal access to organizations and customers?

Vincent B October 28, 2021

One of the major barriers I find to switching entirely to using JIRA Service Desk is the inability to restrict the different portals to only customers while still allowing emails to go through.

There are use cases for this:

• My customers should not see each other's portals for privacy reasons
  • A customer might not have access to their email account and use another one to send a request
  • A system might send a notification that creates a ticket

Is there any solution for this at all? I looked at previous questions and did not find exactly this one.

It's a good product but I find this singular issue to be a big problem blocking my company's adoption. When you look at arguably less complete competitors you can find they actually allow for this to work.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

@Vincent Briere Welcome to the Atlassian Community

If you set up the portals to only allow customers that are part of those portals to see them then only those customers can send request in via email.  You are correct in that they would have to use the email associated with their customer account.  

Vincent B November 1, 2021

So what you are saying is that there are no options to receive emails from non-recognized emails while restricting the portal access. Do you know if there is a feature request at least?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

@Vincent Briere I was not able to find a request like that when searching.  I would suggest submitting one or taking a look for yourself for one here:  https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events