Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I LDAP customer or reporter using free version of Jira Service Desk?

BREN-Inc Ticketing
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2020

Im using free version of service desk, and i just want to ask if can i LDAP my users from AD users? or only 3 users can only be use using the free mode version? 

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2020

Hello @BREN-Inc Ticketing,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to LDAP integration, this option is currently only available for Server and Data Center.

There is a feature suggesting support for LDAP in Cloud as well:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.

On Cloud, you can subscribe to Atlassian access and use SAML SSO. The identity providers currently supported are AD FS, MS Azure AD, Google Cloud, Idaptive, Okta, and OneLogin.

For more information, please check the links below:

Since you are using Jira Service Desk Free, the number of agents is limited to three, so it's important to disable the product access for users to be imported and then you can choose who will receive a license. 

Go to Cog Icon > User management > Product access and disable Jira Service Desk, so new users won't receive the default group.

The options above are not applied to customers. They won't have the option to use SSO to login to the portal unless they have an Atlassian account. 

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events