Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Customers tab in Channels & People be hidden from certain user group?

katarina_puchrikova March 31, 2023

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any possibility to hide the Customers tab in Channels & People be hidden from certain user group? Or at least a way to hide some customers and organizations from a specific user group?

We will have agents from some of our customers with access to the project and we don't want them to see any information about other customers.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Katarina

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Hi @katarina_puchrikova I do understand your question, but I don't think there's a solution. These sidebar features are an essential part of Jira Service Management and available for all agents.

I think the only workaround would be to create separate service projects, but that may not be feasible either.

katarina_puchrikova April 18, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs thanks for your answer. I've tried the workaround that you suggested and now a new issue appeared. When I create a new issue as an agent from customer B, I can see other customer's project in the dropdown menu for Project field. Can this be somehow configured so the customer agent can not choose nor see other projects?

all projects.png

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Remove the agents who are not allowed to see these projects from the Service Project Agent project permission in the permission scheme associated with that project.

It depends whether you work with groups or project roles for this permission. You may need to split the permission scheme if needed.

katarina_puchrikova April 18, 2023

Thanks!

We have found out this was caused by Create Issue permission not being specified properly.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events