Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV import reporter

Marc Van Cauwenberghe February 21, 2023

Hi, 

I would like to import a csv with old cases made with another tool BEFORE the go-live. I have defined the agents but no customers (or reporters). Will JIRA accept this? 

So for example I would like to import a CSV with reporter marc@somesite.com but I do not want marc@somesite.com to be notified or get some kind of notice or login request or...

I will wait until the go-live to give access to the rest of the organisation.

Is this possible?

Many thnaks for any answer

2 answers

0 votes
Marc Van Cauwenberghe February 21, 2023

Hi Kris, thank you for your quick answer. 
So there is in fact no way to import the old cases in the pre go-live period without involving the reporter?

best regards,

Marc

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

Hi Marc,

I'm facing a similar issue as you where I need to import a bunch of old tickets into Jira.

Maybe you can import all issues under the same "dummy" reporter, import the actual reporter as a custom field, and use an automation rule to modify the 'reporter' after the import. Something similar is explained in this community topic : Bulk Change Reporter

But this solution might be impractical if you have a lot of tickets.

Best regards,

Kris

0 votes
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

Hi @Marc Van Cauwenberghe 

When the csv import encounters a user that does not yet exist, it will automatically create an account for them. In this case, the user WILL receive an invitation email.

Also, I noticed that when you disable the "Customer Invited" notification in the "Customer Notifications" setting in your Jira Service Management Project, the user will still get an invitation email.

My suggestion would be to create the users first, and do the import afterwards.

Best regards,

Kris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events