CSV Import: adding Resolution

Alexandra Astor December 14, 2022

I am importing a CSV of historical requests into our Jira Service Managment Project.  Many of these are already closed. However, they are not showing as resolved because the Jira project requires the user to select a resolution and enter a comment to resolve requests.

I tried to set up a rule to add the resolution of "done" to all final statuses when the request is completed, but it is not working. 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Alexandra Astor ,

What information does the audit log of the automation rule provide?

And are the issues immediately set to status DONE (etc.) upon import or are the issues later (by the system) set to the relevant status? (See the history in an issue for this).

And is Resolution not filled or are the issues not listed as resolved?

Regards, Marco

The audit log says 'no actions performed'

The issues are immediately set to done (etc) I believe but there is nothing in the history about it.

Capture4.PNG

I am not sure what you mean by " is Resolution not filled or are the issues not listed as resolved?"

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi Alexandra,

What do you mean by "it is not working"? Is it not firing? Is it firing but doesn't update the Resolution field? Do you get an error?

The audit log says 'no actions performed'

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

So, did it fire for every item in the CSV that was uploaded? 

And all of them say "no actions performed"?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

Hmm, this suggests that the automation rules might not actually fire when CSV is uploaded. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/MIG-378

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events