Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSS Script to hide "Respond to Customer" on a certain transition

Dani Miles June 1, 2023

Hi there, 

I am working on an old system which has two workflows which have one transition where the "Respond to Customer" option is hidden from the comments box on the transition screen. 

The only way to do this is with fragments or CSS in the announcement banner I believe.

I have found this code in the Announcement Banner however I fail to see how this works for only the ONE transition. I need to apply this on a new workflow and I really don't know how this was made to work previously. On inspecting the elements of the page I cannot find anything relative to the below piece of script. 

<style>
button.aui-button.aui-button-primary.sd-external-submit, button.aui-button.aui-button-primary.attachment-dialog-button, #internalcomments-tabpanel, #clientemails-tabpanel
{display:none}
.navigator-item-label
{white-space: normal !important;}
</style>
Any ideas anyone?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

Hi @Dani Miles

Could you please specify what version of Jira and ScriptRunner you are currently using? I am requesting for this so I could try to find a suitable solution.

Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram

Dani Miles June 2, 2023

@Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ Thanks for your offer, I have found how this was applied on the original workflows and it was through a script in a behaviour. I don't fully understand it but adding my new project to that mapping has resolved my issue. 

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2023

Hi @Dani Miles

In your last comment, you mentioned:-

I have found how this was applied on the original workflows and it was through a script in a behaviour. I don't fully understand it but adding my new project to that mapping has resolved my issue. 

I'm not sure where you got this information, but ScriptRunner's Behaviour is not able to hide the Respond To Customer tab.

The only way you can hide this is by adding a javascript to the notification banner.

This has been asked and also responded to previously in this Community Post.

The alternative approach you could try is to disable the service-desk-comment-field module as suggested in this Community Post.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events