Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMDB with auto discovery

Sebastian Addams January 29, 2021

Hi,

I've been looking at the Insights app to plug into Jira Service Management (Cloud) and the app has installed, but i can't find anything on running an auto discovery tool/agent for on-prem discovery that links back into the cloud instance.

Any help on how this can be achieved would be great!

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2021

Hello @Sebastian Addams ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Looking at the Atlassian cloud roadmap for ITSM  I can see that the integration with Insight is currently in the works but it is expected to be functional/available in Q2.

So, for now, there is not much I can add/say other than keep an eye on the public roadmap since what you are looking for might be coming next quarter. 

Cheers,
Dario

David Choi March 1, 2021

Hi Dario,

we need Insight Discovery for cloud, because we want to scan the infrastructure and our Jira enviroment is a cloud version.

So you mean that the Insight Discovery Network Scanner is included and in the works which should be available for Q2/2021?

Thanks!

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2021

Hello @David Choi ,

I am not sure what will be included and what not since those details are not included in the roadmap. However, I could try to get in touch with one of the PM for JSM and ask them to add a comment in here.

At this current point in time I can only see that the discovery tool seems to only be available for Data Center: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214668/insight-discovery?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

Cheers,
Dario

Nader Youssef
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2021

Hi David,

Allow me to chime in on behalf of my colleague.

Discovery for Insight Cloud is under development and will be available soon (during Q2 2021 if all goes well).

Once this feature is out you will find more information for it on the roadmap page :)

Cheers!

Nader

Insight Cloud Team | Atlassian

Like # people like this
David Choi March 2, 2021

Hi Nader,

thank you very much.

I'm looking forward to it!

Regards,
David

Nader Youssef
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2021
Like Dario B likes this
Deleted user March 17, 2021

While waiting for the integration of discovery to cloud instance, how can upload the on-perm discovered data (.zip or .xml) to insight cloud instance?

Nader Youssef
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2021

@[deleted]you can use the same zip folder format to upload the scanned results into Insight (The new integration with JSM)

More info here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/discover-objects-in-your-environment-with-insight-discovery/

Like Dario B likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events