Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOUD: How to create object in insight asset management from Jira ticket

Adam Gołaszewski January 7, 2022

Hello,  here is my problem. Let say I want to create an "IT service" object in Insight Asset Managemnent from a Jira issue.

In insight, this object has an outgoing reference to "Applications" which can hold multiple applications objects.

I would like to create an "IT Service" object from a JIRA issue. I've added an insightObjects custom field I've set the context so it can hold multiple applications objects. Then on the issue, when I select only one object in that custom field and run the automation rule the "IT Service" object is created with the referenced "Application" object but when there is more than one Application object in a custom field, IT Service object gets created without a reference to Applications.

My insightObjects custom field smart value returns multiple keys. See attached. How would i send them to insight using Create object action?
Thank you

2022-01-07_12h38_26.png

1 answer

2 votes
Thomas Hardin January 7, 2022

Hi Adam,

Can you provide a screenshot of your rule? And if I understand correctly, you want to create an IT Service object in Insight, which then references another object, which is an Application? So, your Jira issue is created where, "IT Service A" is listed in the custom field. Then your automation rule is used to create that object and automatically references it to an Application.

Am I correct in that you have 2 object types, IT Service and Application? Is the Application object preset? And, when you try to create more than 1 object, the objects do not get referenced?

I hope I'm on the right path.

Adam Gołaszewski January 7, 2022

Hi Thomas, not exactly :) I want to create a new IT Service object that will have one or more applications assigned to it. All fields relating to the IT service object attributes are filled in on the request. One of these fields is the insightobjects field in which you indicate the applications to be assigned to IT Service. Let's say several applications can be assigned to an IT service. At the moment they are available from the ticket level and appear in the insightObject custom field. If I select one application in this field, then everything works fine. The problem is when I choose more than one application. As you can see in the previous screenshot, smart value returns two keys to the application object, but they are not created in insight.
On the insight side, the attribute is set as a reference to the Application object, and cardinality is set to unlimited.

Action on the automation rule is a Create object action. 

2022-01-07_19h16_09.png2022-01-07_19h43_48.png2022-01-07_19h45_43.png

nick.kulmanovsky May 9, 2022

Hi Adam 

Did you find a solution for this? I am currently experiencing the same issue. 

Adam Gołaszewski May 11, 2022

Hi, nope you won't be able to do it with automation as of now. Here is an open suggestion with a workaround. Weird that Atlassian only supports automation for single object values.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9964

Hope it helps.

Like nick.kulmanovsky likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders