cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypassing Transition and Approvals

CHESTER RAMOS November 3, 2021

Hi All,

Good day!
I would like to seek your assistance with this request.

We are currently working on a HR Service Management form for "Training Request". This form consist of several approval statuses in the workflow due to cost involvement.
In our organization, there are departments with various headcounts.
For this example:

1. Sales Dept: Constisting of 100 Employees, 20 Supervisor (Unit Head) and 1 Director (Dept head).

2. Legal Department: Consisting of 10 Employees and 1 Director.

The proposed process flow for Sales Department will be: 

A. Requestor
B. Unit head
C. Department Head
D. HR Head faciliate the training with external trainors

Having said that, I am planning to utilize the same workflow for our organization but I may have issues with small departments such as Legal as it does not have a Unit Head.
Is there anyway I can bypass the first approver for Legal Deparment? Meaning, it goes directly to the department head/director?

I was messing around with the workflow and automation rules, and apperently , I cannot edit to create any form of rules on the "initial transition stage after create" .
Therefore, I created a "To do Status (an HR Task)" in which, I was thhinking if an automation rule can be created with the following parameters

1. When issue is created (Rule is run when an issue is created)
2. If User is "Employee Names " ... (Sales Team)
3. Then Unit head (first approver) will be Username
4. If User is "Employee names" ... (Legal Department)
5. Then Unit Head must be auto approved (I am stuck here....)
or Skip the approval Transition??
or use another Transitional Route?

Is there any workaround in which this can be established?

Please find the draft workflows I was thinking to make this work.

Looking forward for your response. Thank you

Training HR.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi @CHESTER RAMOS

Thanks for the detailed explanations.  

Based on your requirements, it would be easier to create separate issue types and workflows per department.

So for example from the portal you can group training requests and then break the requests per department. Then each customer request will use a different issue type.

Now, if you want to keep one workflow you will have to look at mixing automations, conditions and postfunctions. 

To bypass approvals you can use different transition routes that can be called in a postfunction after tickets are created based on field selections. 

Good luck

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events