Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullets in Description or Comments of ticket

Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2022

When pasting lists into Description or Comments of tickets, adding bullets only puts a bullet on the first line.  Like this.  I just pasted this in, from a text file, highlighted it and clicked to add bullets.

• Item 1
    Item 2
    Item 3
    Item 4
    Item 5

Does anyone know why that happens?

If I do the same thing in Word, it add an extra line space when I paste it in, but adding the bullets works just fin.

• Item 1
  • Item 2
  • Item 3
  • Item 4
  • Item 5

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2022

@Sue Lund -

Hi Sue:

Interesting observation.  I don't have an answer at this time. 

I also conducted my own testing, if I manually insert a return of the list in my text only file (one for each entry), then copy/paste the list to JSM + performing the add-bullets operation.  The operation works fine just if I take the same list from a Word file.  It has to be that extra CR/LF .

Example in the text file -

2022-10-18_17-04-11.png

Only the second set where CR/LF is manually entered, then copy/paste into JSM issue where the add bullets works as expected.

I would recommend you to follow-up with Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com).  It would be great that you can share their responses of your ask in this case, so others can benefit from your finding.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2022

At @Joseph Chung Yin Suggestion, I have reported this to Atlassian and they directed me to the known issue - List will not detect line breaks as different items on the new view 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events