Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk update issues based on asset-value

Deleted user February 22, 2023

I was wondering whether it was possible to update a field in current and past requests based on an asset value.

Our customers are logged as reporters. A flow automatically updates a field called 'department' with the department the reporter works at. It takes this value from our assets. It looks up the reporter in our assets and looks for the department value. For example: if I raise a request, it fills in my name in 'Reporter' and 'IT' in 'Department'.

However, I have recently created this automation rule, so all requests before that have a department value of 'none'. Is it possible to bulk update all these requests with the department value in our assets? I've tried something like {{reporter.Afdeling.Name}} but that doesn't work, it just shows exactly that: '{{reporter.Afdeling.Name}}'.

Does anyone have experience with this.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2023

You can use Bulk edit feature for this. If you can construct a JQL query that resolves to the issues you wish to update then you can click the ellipses in the upper right of your query view to perform the bulk edit.

Deleted user February 26, 2023

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your quick reply. However, that is not really what I meant. What I would like to know is if it is possible to bulk edit all issues with a smart value like {{reporter.Afdeling.Name}}. I would like to display the asset value of that smart value.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2023

Would you mind sharing your current automation? Hopefully in English but if not it still will help me assist.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events