Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse Project permission for Issue Participants

Tony Kang October 6, 2021

Hi

I have a Jira project, which I should restrict the Browse Project permission. So I granted this permission to Current assignee and reporter so they can view their issues only. (not all issues in the project) Now, I need to do the same to participants of the issues however, I do not see 'Participants' to add in Browse Project permission.

How can I achieve this for Participants?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
FM October 6, 2021

Hi Tony ,

Welcome to the community . Before moving on with the permissions . I want to clear a few things 

First your Browse permissions which you provided . As per your Permission the current assignee and the reporter can see the issue . Lets Say somebody who created the issue is the reporter and i assume he has the jira service management license so he can look at the issue ,then comes your current assignee : the user should be assigned to the issue ie., he should be an assignable user and then after the assignment he would be able to see the issue( and also he has service management license ) how you were able to do this i didn't understand . Let's come to your requirement of participant's . This kind of permission assignment is not available in the atlassian as far as i can remember . 

Now secondly coming to your permission assignment ,as far as atlassian best practice they prefer we create role and add it to the permission level and to that the users can be added . For your requirement you can create a role called "Participants" and add users to it and add it to the browse permissions of your project so they can see the issue and also do nothing more than seeing .

Thirdly coming to the fact which i understood is that you don't want other users to see the issue apart from current assignee and the reporter , for that you can use Issue security level on the issue so that certain users who are in the issue security scheme can see the issue only . Here use this to create Issue security Scheme as reference . You can also use issue security level in the post function so at transition the security scheme changes and different users can see the issue .

Hope this help 

Regard 

Tony Kang October 10, 2021

Thanks Mohammed. So I will need Issue security level to grant permission at the issue level rather than project level.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2021

@Tony Kang Welcome to the Atlassian Community

Request participants will only be able to view issues in the customer portal.  You will need to provide service project customer - portal access.

Tony Kang October 10, 2021

Thanks Brant, this gives me some idea what I have to set.

2 votes
Claudio Gonzalez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2021

Hi @Tony Kang ,

you need assign a Jira Service Management Licence for that users.

Tony Kang October 6, 2021

Thanks Claudio,

The specific participant has the license already but cannot view the issue. I believe this is because Browse Project permission is granted to the current assignee and reporter only. Below screen capture can show.

How can I grant the current participant to his/her issue? 

Untitled.png

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events