Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book an appointment

Kaur Joakit August 18, 2020

Hi all!

I would like to gather some information about bookings topic in Jira Service Desk.

I will describe what solution I am looking for & if it is even possible with some addon (etc):

In the beginning of each month, teacher can add his/her availability for consulting students into some X calendar for a whole monthly period. 

Our student visits our customer portal for raising a new request.

While being on the request form, student can choose suitable date/time for the consult (not important if it is a calendar or dropdown type of field).

These available time frames are being automatically synced from the same calendar, that teacher has filled up in the beginning of the month. Would be also awesome if system could recognize which times have been already booked and which are still available.

After that student picks the suitable time frame and raises this request.

I hope You will get the idea what I am aiming for :)

Is such described scenario possible with some 3rd party addon from Marketplace etc?

Or some integration with other service provider?

2 answers

0 votes
Darshanaa _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 9, 2023

Hi there @Kaur Joakit 

Hope all is well. I recently came across this question and I'm happy to say that our team is in the midst of implementing something very similar to your ask above.

We currently have a prototype of this idea and would love to hear your thoughts/feedback on our prototype. 

Please let me know if you/your team would be interested to test it out.

Thanks & have a great day! :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2023

Hi @Darshanaa _ServiceRocket_ , please be sure to identify yourself as a "marketplace partner" using appropriate lozenges and company name associated with your user name as illustrated by other marketplace partners here. You can read more in the community guidelines here.

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2020

Hi Kaur,

Your use case sounds really interesting, but I have some doubts... Why your students use customer portal to book a meeting? There are a lot of useful tools like Calendly or Doodle to book consults.

Natively in Jira Service Desk, it's impossible to solve your case.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2020

agree JSD is not the right tool for this. Google - online+calendar+appointment+scheduling+software 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events