Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Board display for service tickets

Hi,

Can I import Service Management tickets to the Jira Work Management board?

we want to use the Jira service management for potential leads, as well as customer support, but our sales team complains that the Jira service management interface lacks the visuality of a board...

on the other hand, I don't want to open a leads management project in Jira work management, because we need the "reply to customer" functionality that the Jira service management offers.

any suggestions?  

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 12, 2021

Hi @Dorin Leikin , welcome to the Community. 

First let me share that you can certainly create a board for your JSM project. You simply need to use your (or some user’s) profile as the Location. Then, once created and shared, add a link in your JSM project sidebar.

now if for some reason that does not work then you could use Create Linked Issue to create parallel issues in a JWM project. You could use Automation to help keep the JSM issues in sync.

Please let me know if there are further questions.

Can you please further explain the parallel issues part? @Jack Brickey 

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you!! it worked :) 

0 votes

@Dorin Leikin -

Welcome to the community.  In addition to what @Jack Brickey mentioned, you need to know that for your leads management team members, they will also need Agent license against your JSM project.  NOTE - JSM and Jira Software have separate licenses controls, it is not not treated the same way where users with Jira Software (Jira WF management) license doesn't means they are given JSM licenses.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 12, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin , the users will only need JSM licenses if they are to be assigned issues or otherwise transition them. Then can browse include viewing on a board if they have a JWM/JSW license.

@Jack Brickey -

I agreed.  I just mentioned my thought in case they have both Jira Software/JSM.  Users on a board, typically conduct transitions of issues.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,674 views 21 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you