Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to set up customer portal in Jira Service Management?

Colleen March 31, 2023

Our company has traditionally used JSM for our major customers to report issues, and is therefore build out to be external/customer facing. Now, we are setting up projects to follow ITSM practices for internal operations. For example, identifying incidents and problems, change management for internal systems, getting proper approvals, etc. 

I would like advice on the best way to configure the JSM company portal so that external customers don't see any of the internal portals, and internal employees don't see any other customer facing portals, and I really want the portals to be on the same instance. Coud someone please give advice or documentation on how to accomplish this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Hi @Colleen 

I believe the easiest set up would be to create a new project for your internal operations.

Who can see the portal is defined by the Customers on that project. (you as an admin probably see all). So if you don't add the internal users to the customers on the other project(s) then they won't know it exists (and the same for the external customers)

If you have multiple project portals they are all added to the same "help center" (a pre-page for your portal). However if they only have access to a single project portal they will immediately be directed to their portal but all on the same url

This might give a bit more context https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/support-multiple-clients-with-a-single-jira-site/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events