Best way to create an automation rule to automatically reassign a ticket to a person based on month?

Matt Sardi August 30, 2022

Hello, 

I was curious as to whether or not someone else may have found a better solution to a question that I have. 

I created an automation rule, that, when incident tickets are assigned to a group, get assigned to an oncall person. 

However, I'd like to take it a step further -- if person A is on for an entire month and person B, the second, and third person, the third month, prior to going back to person A; what is the best way that I could use JQL to facilitate this? 

1 answer

0 votes
oliver_wihler August 30, 2022

Have a look a the available issue fields

Then check the Date and Time functions.

You then could come up with an IF Match condition like "{{issue.created.format("MM")}}" equals to 01.  Where 01 is January, of course. then make an else-if:matches for each month. The action then could be "Edit issue" where you set the assignee to a person.

Matt Sardi August 30, 2022

Thank you Oliver for reaching out regarding this -- do you know if there's a way to automate this without specifying the month and just cycle through the number of persons oncall? 

oliver_wihler August 30, 2022

Have a look at lists.  You somehow need to decided with person goes for which month..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events