Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup for Jira

Anuradha Vembu February 8, 2021

Hi,

I am using Jira Cloud. Is there a default location for backups. I have accidentally deleted few tickets and looking for backup to recreate/restore them. 

Thanks,

Anu

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

How did you last take a backup?

Anuradha Vembu February 8, 2021

Hi Nic,

I am a newbie to Jira and am not the admin who set it up. When i checked, i dont see the project listed in the Settings->Import & Export ->Backup Manager.

I was thinking for Jira cloud, is there any way support can help me out with it. The tickets in question were accidentally deleted today only. I was hoping if there is a way to recover within the day?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Cloud has an end-user backup system that allows you to grab a copy of the whole thing once every two days.

There is no "project backup", it's the whole system.

If you're not using that, then there is nothing that can be done.  Issue deletion really iss issue deletion, they're gone.  (I always recommend removing any "delete issue" rights anyone might have, and setting up some other "delete" route that has a bit more protection)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events