Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automations to previous status

Melissa Cross November 5, 2022

Hello,

I'm wanting to set up an automation that is triggered by a response from a customer.

I need the response trigger the ticket status from 'awaiting customer' to the previous status it was in before being moved to 'awaiting customer'

Is this possible or I would I have to specify a status?

Thanks

Mel

2 answers

1 vote
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2022

I don't believe you can achieve that in one step, and you can likely implement that in a few different ways. One way would be by saving the previous status in a custom field or property and accessing it through the comment event. Assuming you saved the previous status and the transition is valid, you should be able to add it as a smart value to the transition issue action.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2022

Hi @Melissa Cross 

You can achieve that easily by using a 3rd party app like JMWE.

In addition you could achieve that if there is an existing transition between the Waiting for Customer and the previous status, by acquiring the previous status and using smart values to transition the issue. Read this post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Automation-for-Jira-Transition-to-previous-state/qaq-p/1661089

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events