cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation

Harrica Rion September 5, 2022

Hi Atlassian,

I want ask about automation on JSM.

I want make automation, When I fill 1st field the other field will be autofill based on the field I choose. 

Notes : the 1st field will have around 50 - 100 dropdown. 

Can i make that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kim Andre Nesse September 5, 2022

If you add an automation that listens for "When: Value changes for" -> "The field that you want to copy"

Then: "Edit issue field" -> "The field you want to change"

For the value of the field that you want to set, if you are looking to copy the contents of the previous dropdown field, you can add the following smart value:

{{issue.yourDropdownField}}

So for example, if I wanted to copy my Summary field to the Description field, I would do it like this:

image.png

If you need a different value for the dropdown field and the field you are trying to set, you have to specify different values for each of the dropdown options in an if/else chain.

Harrica Rion September 6, 2022

Hi.. 
first of all thank you for reaching me out.

I tried using "When: Value changes for" but, unfortunately the field I want, i dont find it. 

Where I can make the field that I want?

note : I'm a baginner of JIRA and still learn for this

Kim Andre Nesse September 7, 2022

Hi again,

You need to make sure the field is available for the issue type(s) you want to edit in the view/edit/create screens and in the field configuration for both fields that you want to set. 

If you need to create a NEW field, you can do this by going to Settings -> Issues -> Custom fields and click "Create custom field" in the top right. Select the field type that suits the data you are trying to add/create best.

Kim

Harrica Rion September 8, 2022

hi Kim.

well noted thanks a lot for your info.

thank you 

0 votes
Kim Andre Nesse September 22, 2022

Edit: Sorry, commented on wrong post.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN