cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation workflow waiting for customer

Susann Petzold November 3, 2021

Hi all, 

I try to create the following: 

when I click on "reply to customer" next to "internal note" in a request or whatever, the status should change to "waiting for customer" right after sending the message to the customer. 

2021-11-03 15_36_19-Window.png

currenty I have to click on the status "waiting for support" and select "waiting for customer, to change the status. 

2021-11-03 15_36_35-Window.png

We already have this kind of transition in another workflow but we cant reporoduce it, and we cant tell why this is working like that:

If I click on"reply to customer" next to "internal note" the status field changes via a kind of automation ( run as my colleague):

2021-11-03 15_36_55-Window.png

But there is no rule or what ever within the workflow... where is it coming from? 

2021-11-03 15_44_57-Window.png

We dont have an active automation in this project oder a global automation or sth. so it is sth within the workflow, isnt it?

Or is it coming from this: 

2021-11-03 15_49_38-Window.png

I copied these Properties into another workflow and it didnt work.. 

Can someone pls help me? 

1 answer

1 vote
Susann Petzold November 3, 2021

This is already solved.. it is because of a translation issue. 

we have an automation within the "legacy automation" which is changing these status. 

But if you work on it in german, "legacy automation" is translated in: "ealier automation site". 

so I didnt check that, I thought this would be like a view of an older automation version or sth... 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Hi Susann,

One thing to keep in mind is that by transitioning the issue as described then you lose (?) the ability to respond to the customer with FYI info while retaining ownership of the issue with the agent. In my implementation I like to have two means of responding to the customer one that will transition the issue to waiting for customer because I need something from them and one where I simply want to share info with them. However that is just my scenario and obviously it may not apply to you.

Like Susann Petzold likes this
Susann Petzold November 7, 2021

Well, you are right, could be positive to have an option to answer without a suatus change. 

have to check how it is working live :) 

Siobhan Flynn October 30, 2023

@Jack Brickey Hi, I'm looking for a similar use case to you. If you don't mind - how did you achieve having both scenarios where only one of them triggers an automation to change the status? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events