Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation using email To Email Header

Doug Eubanks September 19, 2020

Hello, I haven't been able to find a way to access the original To: field in the email for use in automation.

In my use case, I have 1 mailbox (support@) that has multiple aliases (dns@, domain@, facilities, etc).

Although they all arrive in the support@ mailbox and are ingested correctly, I need to be able to match the "To: dns@" field so I can perform some automation on them.

I found this post Is there any way to search for a certain email address domain? which mentioned creating a custom scripted field with the value return issue.reporter.emailAddress.split("@")[1]; but I haven't found that property list and I'm not sure the To field/header is accessible using those properties.

Has anyone else done this, can you share how you did it?

Thanks,

Doug

2 answers

0 votes
Ricardo Martinez May 3, 2022

Hello @Doug Eubanks 

Were you able to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

Each Trello board, and each card have an individual email address.  For the board, click the 
... SHOW MENU --> ... MORE --> (then you will see listed) EMAIL-TO-BOARD SETTINGS.

This is where you find your forward email to the board.

Similarly, each card has same function, found at:
SHARE (in list on right when card is open) bottom of that list says "email for this card".

Just cut and paste those out, or ideally make a contact in your email, certainly for the board one.

Doug Eubanks September 19, 2020

This question is about JSD, not Trello.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events