cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to use Jira Group Name for an insight attribute value

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2022

Hi all,

I have a form that all in one I am hoping to create a Jira group, then an insight object and use that brand new Jira group name all in the one automation step.

I have the form working except for the group name.

Basically the Jira group name is entered, the insight object name is entered and some other text fields populated.

When the form is submitted and approved, the Jira group is created, the insight object is created but the automation fails whenever I have the group attribute being populated.  

I have the name of the group and was just trying to update the insight object with the group name that was captured in the customfield at the start of the form.

Is this at all possible to do in one step or is the group name going to be the deal breaker and has to be added in manually within insight.

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

@Ste404 -

In your automation rule where you update the insight object attribute, are you using the "Edit Insight field attributes action?

2022-09-19_21-00-35.png

What does the audit log stated on your rule error?  Have to try to debug your automation rule by 1) Finding the smart value for your custom field value - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/, then 2) debug your rule by manually adding the hint to rule audit log - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/debug-an-automation-rule/

Please provide the error that you are seeing, so we can assist further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders