Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to transition to Customer Responded when customer comments is not working

Allison Stewart June 3, 2022

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this pretty quickly.  I've been struggling with this for days and I need to get it implemented.

I have an automation to move the issue from Waiting for Customer to Customer Responded when the customer comments.  This should only happen when it's an external comment, from the customer.

My automation logic is as such:

automation for customer responded.jpg
But what is happening is that when I use a canned response like "need more info from customer" and that performs an action to transition the issue to Waiting for Customer.... this automation seems to run and move the issue to Customer Responded immediately.
Is this perhaps because of the "automatic responses" maybe?  Are those considered external comments?  And maybe that is triggering the automation?
customer responded portal.jpg
I'm open to any solutions as to how to make this work.  Thank you so much for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2022

Hi @Allison Stewart

A few things to check first. Are you a participant on the issue? Or are you in an organisation in that service desk? If so, Automation might be thinking that you're a customer as well. You can probably easily setup a sample rule to test if that check is treating you as a customer?

If not, or you're still stuck it might be best if you raise a support ticket for this so that we can look into it in greater depth.

Cheers,

Simeon.

Allison Stewart June 7, 2022

Thanks Simeon.  I'm going to set up some test accounts for my org (that aren't ME) and I'll try it using those.  It is possible that because I am the admin, and the reporter, and the "all everything" in the system.. that the system is getting confused as to who is doing what.

Allison Stewart June 15, 2022

Yes, that was the problem.  If your "customer" is also a licensed user, like a person at your own company that is not using Jira but only uses ServiceDesk portal, then the system takes their comments as internal.  That's going to be a challenge for us for sure. 

Thank you for your ideas and help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events