Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to send email when time estimate changes (except when field was previously empty)

Ben Weisman November 28, 2022

Hello,

I am looking for a way to get alerts sent to me when a time estimate is updated AFTER it has already been originally estimated. So I dont want an alert on the original estimate, only when it's edited. Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi Ben,

You could set the value of a custom field (hidden from the screen) the first time the Estimate is set. Then create a rule based on the field being updated and the custom field has a value of Y or whatever. 

Ben Weisman November 29, 2022

Thanks @John Funk , can you tell me more about how I would accomplish this piece?

"You could set the value of a custom field (hidden from the screen)"

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Sure - just create a new custom field - maybe a radio button or single pick list. But do not add the field to any screens. Be sure to set the Context for the field for the project you are using. 

Then update this new field using an automation rule when the Time Estimate is set the first time (you would also include a Condition that the custom field is empty or equal to any default value you might have). 

Then create a second rule based on the Time Estimate field being updated but the custom field has a value of what you set it to in the first rule. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events