Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to edit custom field in Issue based on Mailbox

Stephan_Esteves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2020

I have several Mailboxes from different countries that are delivered to Jira.

Right now  i have to manually insert in my custom field "country" for each issue.

mailbox.italy@mail.com -> Italy

mailbox.germany@mail.com -> Germany

Basically i would like to have this automatically done on the basis:

if "request participant" or "reporter" has "mailbox.germany@mail.com"  once created select Germany as country

if "request participant" or "reporter" has "mailbox.italy@mail.com"  once created select Italy as country  

Thanks in advance 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Hello Stephan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Reading the details you provided and testing on my local site, I believe that the best option, in this case, is to add customers to groups (migrating them to Atlassian account) or grouping them in Organizations.

Currently, on the Automation, it's not possible to select a domain to check if the customer's domain is a specific one or if they are a member of a mailbox.

The first option, to add them in groups, it will be necessary to migrate their accounts to Atlassian account. Customers will show along with internal users, but the admin won't need to add them to default groups (so they won't count as a license and the admin won't be billed for that).

If you prefer this first option, please make sure to follow the steps added to "How to migrate a customer account to Atlassian" on the article below:

Then, it's possible to create groups like Italy and Germany and add customers to their respective groups.

Using the second option won't be necessary to migrate them, it will only be necessary to create Organizations on the customers' page in the project.

You can create the Org using the name of the Countries as well and then add each customer to their respective Org.

After following one of the options above, it's possible to create an automation (Project settings > Automation) to automatically fill the custom field after the ticket is created:

Using groups:

Screenshot 2020-01-20_12-24-39-792.png

Using organization:

Screenshot 2020-01-20_12-24-13-436.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events