Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to create issue and set Request type

Josh Olds January 9, 2022

Hey team

I am currently creating a ticket via automation, and want to set the request type so that it appears in the customer portal.

When selecting request type during the ticket creation event, I get the following warning:

Request type can't be edited here

You will need to use the "Edit request type" action instead.
How do you set the request type after the ticket is created?

3 answers

1 accepted

13 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Josh Olds 

You can change the request type within your initial rule by adding a branch. Try the following:

edit request type.png

I don't know what your trigger is, so keep that unchanged. Carefully create such an issue type, for which the specific request type exists. Otherwise this rule will fail.

I've tested it and works like a charm!

3 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2022

Hey @Josh Olds 

We have to use the another action for it. There is one new action introduced to Edit request type for JSM itself.

Like this:

Automation_edit_Request type.png

Regards,

Vishwas

0 votes
Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2023

im running into a similar issue and have used the "edit request type" option in automation, but it appears that the customer is not notified of the issue anyway, and i had to add a comment at the end of it indicating this issue has been created for....

Anyone else running into that?

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2023

@Jeffrey Bistrong can you use action "Create issue with a request type", so you set the request type right away?

Like # people like this
Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2023

yes, that did it, thanks so much, i was previously using the clone issue and it was not setting the request type

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events